At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's Working! My Blog is Working Again!!

Blogger did some "updating" a few months ago which rendered my blog completely useless to me.  I couldn't post ANYTHING.  I was thisclose to giving up on this blog and starting over somewhere else...I'm so glad I don't have to now!

FIRST thing's first: Baby is doing great. This week is 16 weeks for me.  I'm mostly over being sick.  I'm just in that awkward is-she-getting-fat-or-is-she-pregnant stage.  We've already had an ultrasound and Baby's long bones are measuring on track with his gestational age with no indication of dwarfism (more later on how I feel about that).  We'll have another ultrasound on July 5th to re-measure.

NEXT, all kinds of Kai cuteness from the past few months:
Art.  This boy loves working on "projects".  This is probably because his sisters and I also love working on "projects."  

Mis-match day.  One of those days when nothing is clean except stuff that doesn't even remotely match.  But here in Oregon that's cool.  

What started out as "helping" me with the dishes turned into an impromptu Kai-only hot tub party.  

Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but a few weeks ago I became obsessed with emergency preparedness.  I made 72-hour kits, bought a 55-gallon drum to store water, started hoarding small bills and change, and created a folder with all our important documents, including ID pages for all of us.  Kai wanted to make sure I got a shot of him with his precious bike.

What a ham.

I included a full body shot in his ID kit (the girls' pages only have headshots) and all his medical information.  Look how big he's getting!  By the way, this is his favorite outfit he's wearing: "truck shirt and bball shorts".  And yes, he says "bball", not "basketball".  They're his favorite because his dad wears bball shorts, too.


Rare snow.  This was waaay back in, like, February.

Throwing snowballs at the girls.


His round little footprints are my favorite!





  

3 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

So happy to have you back! Btw, we need to "schedule" another phone date. I'm missing my sister. :)
Kai is so, so cute. I can't wait to hold baby #4!!! Love ya!

liseli said...

I'm happy you are back! I needed my Kai fix.

Caden and Mommy said...

Kai is the most precious thing! I love his face - So happy things are going well for you all!