At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Dose of Kai

Sometimes I blog more for myself than for anyone else.  I've forgotten a lot of the cute things my girls did because I didn't write it down or take a picture.  Thanks to advancements in technology (oh, how I love my smartphone!), most of Kai's cuteness is photographed and recorded.  

This, for example (did I already post this one?  I think I did.  But it's just so dang cute!):
The cutest little pouter on the planet.


And of course, Target's "ABC trashcan".  He can't read, but The Boy recognizes letters when he sees them!


 New t-shirt.  He's graduating from little brother to big brother and he's so proud!


 Kai also loves my phone.  He loves to take pictures and videos and then watch them.  He wanted to take a picture of the baby.  So here you are, people of the internet.  My 17-week GUT.


 Forget the carts with the steering wheels.  Kai nearly always insists on getting the "baby" carts.  I know, I know--he's not buckled.  But he's happy and adorable and I'm standing righttherenexttohimalways.



This was in Kai's fortune cookie at dinner the other night.  Strange?  Ironic?  Coincidental?  Truly fortuitous? Kai has lots of medical opportunities in his near and distant future.  I wonder which one will be "interesting."
Hmmmm.


P.S.  Potty training is going great!  He reminds me now when he need to use the bathroom.  Our biggest impediment now is (oddly enough) ME!  Lifting Kai onto and off of his little Lightning McQueen toilet is taking a toll on my back and tailbone, which are always weak and achy starting at about 20 gestational weeks (this is thanks to a 20-year old tailbone injury).  

5 comments:

Kerri said...

congratulations, i must have missed the post about you being prego!! how wonderful. Kai is so cute, I love him!!

liseli said...

I love the picture of him on the cart and his "big brother" T-shirt!

Jewels said...

He is so adorable. :) How could you not love that kid. What's that saying about the past biting you in the @#$? I guess in this case it's literal. I'm sorry it's still hurting you now and then. We did some stupid things back then didn't we?? ;)

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!! LOVE the belly picture!!!

KrisBeMi said...

Hello, kai is extremely adorable...congrats on ur pregnancy my husband and I hope to be expecting some day, its been 3 years and still no luck! I've been slacking so bad on updating on how mileena is doing which I plan to do real soon she is going to be 4 in a week. I couldn't help but to feel ur pain having to put him on and off the potty I too have back pain. Her ot and I have been trying to figure out ways she can learn to do it herself yet she hasn't managed to learn how to pull down her pants so I too have to do it for her. Sometimes I keep her in her undies which she knows how to pull down, I also have a toilet seat topper for her and a step stool she just started learning how to do that herself but she gets scared of falling in :-) so hope to figure something out...again kai is the cutest and congrats.