At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

March-April iUpdates

We moved (again)!  This time just around the corner, from an apartment to a house.  We're settling in great!  Kai loves  having all his toys out of storage, especially his Buzz Lightyear Four Wheeler.  My sister and her family came for Easter (come again soon, Carrie!), during which time I found out I am pregnant!  John and I are over-the-moon excited for this new little baby.  We're due December 7-ish.  


I'm still trying to talk Kai into potty training.  He knows he'll get a treat if he pees in his toilet and today he asked me if that treat could be bacon.  I am desperate so I said sure.


The other day I bought Kai a gumball.  He said, "Thanks, Mom!  I love gobble-bom!"  


He's also into using the word "English" as an adjective, as in, "That's sooo English." From what I've gleaned about the context, English seems to be the equivalent of "uncool" or "not good."  I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff but it's pretty hilarious to hear.  


Other phrases he uses often are "Well, actually..." and "The truth is...." and "You're the man, Mom."


Pictures coming soon, I promise!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Hey! Random fact of the day: Aiden's due date was December 7-ish. :) We must be soul sisters. Oh yeah. We are.

I'm SOO completely excited for you. And a tad bit jealous. :)

liseli said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read about Kai as a big brother :)

lilwedwritinghood said...

Congratulations! So excited for you guys!