At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Son Kai


This boy brings such delight into my life.  He is my companion during the day when John's at work and the girls are at school.  He's my snuggle-bug at bedtime when he tries to convince me he's not tired.  He is such a sweet, intelligent, confident child.  He is such a joy.  And to top it all off, he's a total mama's boy. :)

3 comments:

liseli said...

Not hard to believe, even just reading about him is a joy. Lucky you!
PS Now I know why Kai is so cute: he has a beautiful mama.

Kerri said...

love that picture!!

Kim said...

He is a love bug! I can see your relationship with him is like Preston and mine. So sweet!