At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Costume Reveal

Those of you who are faithful Kai-blog followers know how BIG Halloween is to me.  Ever since Kai's first awesome costume, I've taken each following year as a personal challenge to outdo the previous years' costume.
Let's review.
Year 1: Nacho
Year 3: Cub Scout (by FAR my favorite costume to date)

This year, however, we've recently moved and for some reason which I cannot now recall, I left my sewing machine in storage 250 miles away.  I soon discovered that my entire imagination and my sewing machine are intertwined.  I cannot have one without the other; without my trusty Singer I was seriously craft-crippled.  

And so it was decided that Kai would be a vampire.  Lame.

BUT THEN!

I realized that in his white shirt, black pants, red cape and red cummerbund, Kai had all the makings of something else...something with a serious amount of awesomeness.  He just needed a little make-up....

And so, without further ado, I present to you: Kai, as
The Phantom of the Opera!






4 comments:

Julie said...

Love the costume! I can't believe his motor skills--putting the pumpkins, and even throwing the ball so accurately! Holy Cow! My boys are just a few months younger and are nowhere close. I'm feeling like we should work on some motor skills at our house! He is so so cute!

Char said...

Oh my heck, that kid is cute! Love the costume. You're so creative.

Melisa said...

What a cutie he is. Love the costume!

liseli said...

What a handsome phantom! Nice idea: I would like to have a grain of your imagination...