At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hope and Peace

A facebook friend of mine brought this blog to my attention.  I spent the last hour reading through it and, having been very touched, would like to share it:

http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com/


Tragic circumstance but inspiring message.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I had somehow stumbled on this blog months ago, and I cried as much this time reading through it as I did last time. I can't even imagine losing a child like that, but how much worse would it be if we didn't have the comfort of knowing what we do about our Father in Heaven and His plan?

Danita said...

Did you know that happened in almost identical circumstances as George & Susan's little boy? He's doing a lot better now. Scary.