At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

After much deliberation

We set the bar pretty high with Kai's first Halloween costume.  Last year he was edibly adorable.  This year (drumroll, please) Kai is going to be a Cub Scout!


This all came about to my twelve-year-old friend Hannah.  See, I volunteer each week as a Cub Scout Den Leader and also as a youth leader of the 12-18 year old girls with our church's youth program.  Last night I taught the twelve-year olds how to make bread.  Hannah and I were talking about Halloween and it came up that I still wasn't sure what Kai would be.  She suggested he be a Scout and it just clicked.  I am so excited to create this costume for him--it's going to be perfect (and adorable, of course).  


Thank you, Hannah!



1 comment:

Kim said...

And I cannot wait to see pictures!