At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sick Days

"Put down the camera and hold me, Mom!"
"Hmm...what should I order for lunch?"




"Look at me all comfy and nestled into the big-kid bed!"


One of the first days we were in the hospital. Kai was pretty sleepy and out-of-it.



Eatin' peaches.










One of the last days in the hospital. He was a much happier kid toward the end of our stay.






Bal-looooon!







Bath: check. Perfect post-bath coif: check.










10 comments:

Richins Family said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa--did the bronchiolitis and meds tame his hair?! NOOOOOOOOO!!! Bring back the spiky faux-hawk ASAP!

Even sick, he's adorable. We love him so much and we're SO glad he's out of the hospital!

cassi said...

He is SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!!!

Jewels said...

He's adorable even when he's sick. Not many people can pull that off. I'm glad he's feeling better. AND I LOVE his hair!!

開心唷 said...

may the blessing be always with you!! ........................................

Danita said...

he gets cuter every day! what a sweet sweet kid. I love the bath hair pic!

Greene Family said...

He is such a handsome boy and looks like such a sweetie! I love the picture of him comfy and nestled in the big kid bed! I'm so happy to hear that he is feeling better!

Kim said...

WOW-those are the most ridiculously cute pictures of Kai. He is so handsome!

Destini said...

I'm really behind, but so glad that Kai is feeling better! Love the pictures, especially the big-kid bed one! Kai is just precious!

Lane family said...

How can you stand to look at him everyday? His cuteness dang near kills me!

Hall Family said...

Ok, he is just way too cute. I almost pinched him through my computer screen. Hope he is feeling better!