At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update on Kai

Turns out Kai didn't have bronchiolitis; he had developed pneumonia! He's doing better now and due to the inhaler and a big shot of antibiotics he was able to stay out of the hospital. His fever is gone, he can breathe more easily, he coughs less and less every day and he seems generally stronger. What a fighter!

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and prayers on his behalf!

Today we have an appointment up at Shriners; Kai will be getting his new AFOs. He's well enough now that I think it'd be OK to take him. Pictures soon!

5 comments:

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

wow, that's scary! I'm glad he's okay!

Melisa said...

So happy to hear he is feeling better. Pneumonia is a scary thing. Hope all goes well at Shriners.

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's so scary! I am so glad to hear that he is getting better! Good luck with the new AFO's! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Greene Family said...

I'm so happy to hear that your sweet boy is starting to feel better! So scary!
I hope all goes well at Shriners, and I can't wait to see pictures!

Kim said...

I am happy to hear he is on the mend. Poor little dude. Pres had walking pneumonia when he was about 2. He really outgrew this stuff as he got older. Here's to no more sickness for Kai!