At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome!

Meet Guilherme. Born in Brazil on November 28, 2009, just over 7 lbs, and 16 inches long. What a handsome boy!




Casts on his legs; reminds me so much of Kai when he was a newborn.






Proud parents Cassiano and Andreia
Welcome, Cassiano, Andreia and little Guilherme! I am so glad you found our little blogging community!
See Guilherme's blog here






5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh he is really cute! I love our blogging world. It has really created a great outlet for all new families!

Cassiano said...

Stacey, thanks a lot!!! We're also so glad to found the Kai's blog and to learn with you. Now, Kai has a friend in Brazil as well Guilherme has a friend in USA.

Greene Family said...

Guilherme is so adorable! Beautiful family! Like Kim said - I love our blogging world!

Melissa Swartley said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable! I'll make that a third, love our little blogging community!

Tatiana said...

Hi Chelsea!
I´m the Guilherme´s aunt.
Kai is a handsome boy, very smart and he has a wonderful smile.
I loved our blog.
Tatiana