At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recent Pics

I don't know what this face was but it was so darn cute. I snapped it as soon as I saw it, which is why the angle isn't the greatest. What a funny boy.

Kai's "watching post" where he waits and watches to see if Daddy is home yet.

Sometimes he'll take little toys and play with them on the window ledge. It's so cute.



7 comments:

Lexi said...

His face in the first picture is the best! I don't think he could get any cuter and then you post new pictures and somehow he does get cuter! I love his little "waiting for dad post". So sweet.

Destini said...

How sweet that he waits on his Daddy to get home! That is an adorable face...surprise maybe?

cassi said...

He is SO cute! I miss him.

Melissa Swartley said...

I love his new expression!!! How super cute!!! Awww! How sweet that he waits for his daddy to come home! Love his smile too! :)

Kim said...

That is a seriously cute face! WOW! Kai is so huggable!

Greene Family said...

Kai is just too cute! I love his expression in the first picture, and that is so adorable how he looks out the window and waits for his daddy to get home!

Cassiano said...

Dear Chelsea,
my name is Cassiano Rech, I’m from Brazil and my son, Guilherme, was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia at 20 gestational weeks. He was born on November 28, 2009. Now, I and my wife, AndrĂ©ia, found Grant’s blog and, after, the Kai's blog and they are helping us a lot. We’d like to exchange e-mails with you about our son and your experiences about DD treatment. Is it possible? My e-mail is rech.cassiano@gmail.com
Moreover, you initiative is encouraging us to write a blog in Portuguese to help Brazilian parents with DD children.