At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One year ago today...

...I was 35 weeks, 4 days pregnant and feeling bulbous and uncomfortable. John and I hadn't bought a carseat yet, but other than that I was so ready for Kai to come. Or, better said, I was so ready to not be pregnant anymore. But, being only 35 weeks, I thought I had several more weeks of pregnancy (a.k.a. discomfort, acid reflux, restless nights, and ill-fitting maternity clothes--if you've been there, you know what I'm talking about!).

It seems unreal to me that my little Kai is almost a year old. So much has happened to us as a family in the past year that the time has flown by.

6 comments:

Richins Family said...

Kai's not allowed to turn one. I just won't stand for it. No-no-no-no-no.

Daniel and Leslie said...

Sweet little man :D Congratulations on a wonderful year.

Melissa Swartley said...

Yay for almost one whole year!!!! I'm so excited for the birthday post and pictures of the super cute birthday boy! :)

Greene Family said...

Yay!! That first year goes so fast! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Kai's first birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Kai! How fast time has gone. I cannot wait to see birthday pictures.
And yes, I totally could relate-by 35 weeks I was SOOOOO ready to not be pregnant anymore!

aubry. said...

so glad he came out... ! and so glad he's healthy and happy...

i LOVE that baby.