At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Pictures

This is one of Kai's and my very good friends, Jessica Curry. She has a magic touch with him; he loves to fall asleep in her arms.

It has been so hot this summer. One night I stripped The Boy down and put him to bed wearing only a diaper.



We are in the middle of moving from Salem, Oregon to Kennewick, Washington. Poor little butter bean has had to just entertain himself while I pack.



3 comments:

cassi said...

He is so dang cute Chelsea! I can't wait til you guys get here! HURRY UP ALREADY!!!!! (sorry..I hope you're not super sad to leave..)

Kim said...

He is just so CUTE! He has this face that you want to just squeeze! You must shower him with kisses daily!

jessie said...

I love that Picture, and miss him tremendously. :(