At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bumbo, Haircut, and Serious Regrets

Post haircut. If you look closely, you'll see that Kai is covered in hair. (click on the picture to enlarge it)
I put the plastic cape on him to keep him entertained. It worked. He loved it. The downside was all the hair that was thrown into the air.

His face tells the whole story here. Kai was not such a big fan of the clippers.


Pre-haircut. Outside on the patio enjoying the afternoon. He LOVES the Bumbo seat. It is so perfect for him. It supports him up to his shoulders in the back. He rests his arms on the sides and sits there with a kingly attitude--like it's his throne.







Oh, and the serious regrets: I regret cutting his hair. Good thing it will grow back.

9 comments:

Richins Family said...

I can't get over how stinking cute he is! His smile is amazing. But tell him to stop growing up--I'm missing all of it!!

Burton Family said...

That is so cute, he is getting so big, I am sad I have not seen him yet...maybe soon. And dont regret the hair it looks good and will grow back. I cut Shad's into a mo hawk and it was pretty cute but is already growing out and it has only been a month.

cassi said...

He is SO cute. I just love seeing pictures of Kai! I'm sorry about the haircute... I too, regret every haircut I give to Connor. Like they don't grow up too fast, anyway!

Melissa Swartley said...

Awww!!! He is so adorable!!!

Hall Family said...

He is just too cute! I know about the haircut regret. Parker looked so much like a little boy instead of a baby when I cut his!

I love the photos in the bumbo chair. He looks so content

Kim said...

He has such a cute little face! I just want to give him kisses! Once you start cutting a kid's hair it grows in like a weed.
Preston goes like once every 6 weeks. He just looks so happy in his little Bumbo seat!

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

He is looking so grown up, I can't believe it! It is so fun to see him gaining some independence with the seat. I hope Grant is able to get to that point soon. His neck issues really complicate things. I love the pictures in the chair, he is so cute!

Greene Family said...

Such a cutie!! I know about the regrets - when Simon got his first haircut and away went his curls, I got teary-eyed. Now, he needs a haircut every month since it grows back so quickly.
Kai looks so happy and content in his bumbo chair! Just adorable!

Melisa said...

How cute! Aidan wasn't much of a fan when he had his first haircut!