At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kai Can

Kai is my heart; truly. I adore him. And those who meet him can't help but fall in love with him, either. There is just something about him; he exudes a specialness. In French there is the phrase "je ne sais quois" it means "I don't know what" or "something". And that is what Kai has. He just has a certain je ne sais quois about him that defies any other description.

I write. I am a writer. And for seven years I've been sitting on some ideas I've had for children's books. Seven years, everyone! That's a long time! It is high time I do something with my ideas, don't you think?

Kai inspires me. In the four months that he's been here in our home I've wanted to write about him. I wanted to write something beautiful, something meaningful; something that will inspire and uplift and touch people in the same way Kai has touched me.

*Deep breath*

And so, dear readers, I wrote something. It's not at all what I'd envisioned in the first place, but I am overall pleased with it.

It is a children's picture book manuscript entitled Kai Can. Would you like to read it?

4 comments:

Kim said...

I would LOVE to read it! I am so happy to know that Kai inspired you. Our children are amazing gifts! And Kai CAN! He can do anything he will ever want to do!

Jaime said...

I would LOVE to read it too! I agree with Kim - our kids are definitely amazing gifts!

Lexi said...

Yes Chelsea, please share it! I also think Kai is a sweet, special little guy.

Greene Family said...

Amazing story - I love it! Kai is so adorable!
I found your blog through Tonya, and if you don't mind, I'll add you to my blog list.