At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Four Months Old

Kai turned four months old on the 3rd. He has blossomed from a puny little preemie into the chubbiest, most handsome little guy in town! Here he is with his sisters, Ashleigh on his right and Hailey on his left.

Ashleigh is notorious for popping into the picture at the last second.

He's getting so big! He started out life at 5 lbs 3 oz and at our last visit to Shriners he was a whopping 13 lbs 4 oz. Go Kai!


Kai LOVES to smile. Even when he's tired and hungry, if you smile at him he'll smile back--while he's crying!



I am a total sucker for the kissing pictures. And Hailey has great big, fabulous kissing lips.




Handsome boy.













7 comments:

Melisa said...

I am Melisa. Mom to Aidan (3.5 years and achon). I also have a daughter that is average height that is 6 years old....her name is Ashleigh too, spelled the same way you spell your daughters name. Kai is a beautiful boy. I look forward to reading more of your posts and learning more about DD.

Tonya said...

He is getting so big!! Too cute! I could just eat him up!! I have two that like popping into pictures too!! Makes for funny, none useable pictures with half heads and crooked smiles! Gotta love it!

cassi said...

No way... are you sure he's 4 months old?
He is so so so cute! I can't wait to hold him :)

Kim said...

Look at that smile! Wow what a heartbreaker. He looks great! Four months and a big smile like that already! I am so happy you have joined our blogging family. I am very eager to learn all about Kai and DD also!

Burton Family said...

I cant believe how big he is Shad was just barely 14 lbs at 6 months! He looks so happy you much love just spending time with him

Nate and Stacey Stone said...

His smile is so cute! Glad he's doing so well!

Jaime said...

Hi, I'm Jaime and my daughter, Caitlyn has achondroplasia. I found your blog through a handful of other blogs that I follow.

Kai sure is a handsome boy! I look forward to reading more posts and getting to know you and your family.

Would you mind if I added your blog to my list?