At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Boy

I can't remember where we were going but I put his hood on him and he looked so cute! It reminded me of a picture I have of myself when I was a baby. Kai is such a happy baby. I wish you could see this smile in person. He has the most adorable dimple on his right cheek. His smile gets SO big.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

What a doll!! Oh My!! Kai is stunning!! Reading through the your first posts and looking at some of the dx they had given you, your doctor's were very good! I can see where they thought all of them!! Kai was in great hands!! Looking forward to reading more! I'll add you to my blog!

Kim said...

Oh he is precious! My name is Kim and my son Preston is three with achon. Please come visit my blog
www.monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com

I would love to add you to my blog list if you don't mind. I think Kai is the first DD baby to have a blog! So exciting!

cassi said...

How could you not think he's cute!?! What a cutie!

Tonya said...

Kim- He is!! I am so excited!! I even created a section for him! I LOVE all the parent's who are sharing their kid's with the world! I could cry I am so happy!!

Caden and Mommy said...

Chelsea!
I found your blog through Tonya's! It is so nice to meet you and your adorable son! I love the name Kai ~ an adorable name as well as adorable pictures! His Halloween costume was/is so cute! I look forward to following your journeys!
Trisha

Burton Family said...

I am so sad that I cannot see his smile in person. He seems like such a sweet little boy, just like Shad :) I think we are twins separated at birth.

Hall Family said...

He is so sweet! Welcome to the blogosphere! If you don't mind, I'm going to link your blog to mine.