At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas

We spent Christmas in Idaho at my parents' house. We had a FANTASTIC time.

This is my whole family (well, minus Ashleigh and Hailey who were at their dad's house). From the left we have my brother-in-law Adam holding Audrey, my sister Carrie, my brother Christian, my brother Sterling, my sister Danielle, my sister Melissa, me holding Kai, John, my mom and my dad.
Kai and his cousin Audrey. Audrey is about five weeks older than Kai (he is 3 mo, she is 4 mo). She is thin and long for her age which makes Kai look especially short and fat for his. One day they wore similar outfits; Carrie and I couldn't resist taking "matchy matchy" pictures.

Holding hands--how adorable is that?






2 comments:

cassi said...

Beautiful family!!! Your siblings are all so beautiful and you guys look so much alike! Is that all of your siblings..? I thought I saw something about you having a twin and maybe a sister with 2 cute little blonde girls...?? I might have been blog stalking..sorry ;)

Chelsea Rivas said...

No that's OK. Pictured are all my biological siblings. I have three step-brothers and one step-sister (the one with the GORGEOUS girls and handsome, incorigible boy). And my 'twin' Katie isn't actually my twin: our families are best friends and when we were little we TOTALLY looked like twins. Sometimes my dad would get us mixed up.