At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Kai dressed up as Nacho Libre for Halloween. The casts on his legs made this whole costume possible! I painted on his "stretchy pants" and boots.
His casts are replaced weekly at Shriners Hospital; he'll get new ones Tuesday.

He is just such a doll!


Big belly--just like Nacho.







4 comments:

Caleb and Rachel said...

this is soo cute... when my little boy was little we dressed him up in the same costume... you have a cute little boy.

Matilda said...

Hi, I found your blog from Stacey, Grants Mom! I just HAD to say how much i love the Nacho Libre!! SO FUNNY!! I love people who make lemonaide out of casts!!:)

My son is Jack, you can read about him on my blog!

I look forward to following your sweet Kai!

Jenny

cassi said...

I would just like to say that Kai's tummy looks exactly like Maggie's. :D

Kerri said...

no way!!! FAVORITE!!!!!!!!! love this costume so much!