At 26 gestational weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, he was diagnosed with Diastrophic Dysplasia, a rare type of dwarfism.

Now 8 years old, our son Kai is happy, healthy, and enjoying life.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise our little, little boy.

Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Quick Background

John and I were married in the Salt Lake (LDS) Temple in February 2007. We are expecting our first baby, a boy, due November 1.

At 20 gestational weeks, we were informed that our baby had some kind of dwarfism, probably Diastrophic Dysplasia. At about 26 weeks, after an amniocentesis and genetic testing, the diagnosis of Diastrophic Dysplasia was confirmed.

The purpose of this blog is to lend support and encouragement to others in similar situations and to share the tremendous experiences we've had and will continue to have as we raise this little, little boy.

4 comments:

Lane family said...

Your family must be pretty amazing to be entrusted with such a special little spirit. I can only imagine that as tough as it will be- it will be equally amazing and inspiring. He'll be here soon... you'll be in our prayers.

Jewels said...

Chels, good luck with the delivery! I'm thinking about you all the time! Hope everything goes well.

Katie said...

Hi!! I just found your blog from Tonya's!! My son is 18 months old and has achondroplasia. Welcome to our little LP blogging family! Please check out my blog and my little guy Cole!

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

Chelsea,

I found this blog on Amy Jennings, I am so happy I found it, this blog is beautiful, I would love to be able to keep up with you guys, Where are you living? Tell you family hi for me, all your blogs are blocked, or I would have said hi sooner!!